Zorflex® LA is a unique, naturally antimicrobial, conductive, low adherent wound contact layer which aids wound healing in complex wounds through its potential to stimulate fibroblast proliferation.
What is Zorflex LA?
Zorflex LA is a low adherent antimicrobial wound contact layer with a natural triple action effect:
- Reduces odour, pain and exudate
- Low adherent wound contact dressing
- Easy to apply and remove
- Can be cut to shape and folded
- Up to 7 days wear time
 Data on file, 2018. ZLA001.
 Data on file, 2018. ZLA002.
Zorflex LA is manufactured by Chemviron Carbon www.chemvironcarbon.com.
Zorflex LA is indicated as an antimicrobial low adherent dressing over discharging, partial or full thickness wounds such as:
- Cavities and fistulas
- Surgical sites
- Fungating carcinomas
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Donor and recipient grafts
Use sterile water to cleanse, irrigate or moisten the wound. The use of oil based products, topical ointments or saline will reduce the effectiveness of Zorflex LA. Do not reuse. If reused the performance of the product may deteriorate and cross contamination may occur.
Applying Zorflex LA*
- Cleanse the wound bed with sterile water or follow local guidelines, ensure that the wound bed is free from any traces of creams or ointments
- Cut the dressing to shape, covering the peri-wound if maceration is evident. Do not tear.
- Apply the dressing directly to the wound surface either way up, with the direction of stretch running along the limb to allow movement
- Secure Zorflex LA with an appropriate secondary dressing/compression therapy or with a retention sheet, tape or bandage that allows the transfer of exudate into the secondary dressing without disturbing Zorflex LA or the wound bed
N.B. The performance will be impaired if not placed directly onto the wound
- Zorflex LA can be left on the wound for up to 7 days, or as clinically indicated. Any threads or fibres which detach from the dressing can be easily seen and removed
*See product insert leaflet for full instructions for use.
|Size||Pieces per box||Product code||PIP code|
|10.5cm x 10.5cm||10||ZLA10||410-8403|
|10cm x 20cm||10||ZLA20||410-8429|
|15cm x 25cm||10||ZLA15||410-8411|