L-Mesitran Soft contains Vitamins C & E as well as 40% of medical grade honey to promote wound healing and stimulate cell migration.
- Stimulates wound healing
- Antibacterial properties
- 40% Medical Grade Honey with antioxidants – created with sensitive patients in mind due its low honey content
- Aids wound bed preparation and promotes epithelization
- Moist wound healing environment
- Can be easily removed from the wound bed as per local protocol
- Prevents the secondary dressing adhering to the wound bed
- Chronic wounds e.g pressure ulcers, venous and diabetic ulcers
- Superficial and acute wounds e.g. cuts, abrasions and donor sites
- Superficial and partial thickness burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Fungating wounds (to help deodorise and debride)
- Colonised and acute wounds
- Post-operative surgical wounds
To open tube:
- Remove lid, clean the mouth of the tube and the top of the lid with an alcohol swab.
- Push the top of the lid into the foil seal that covers the nozzle. Do not squeeze tube at this time.
Application to wound:
- Use sterile spatula to distribute a thin layer of L-Mesitran Ointment either directly onto the wound area and the surrounding tissue or on to the sterile gauze first.
- Cover and secure with the appropriate secondary dressing depending on the amount of wound fluids.
- Inspect the wound and the surrounding tissue regular, as per local protocol.
Frequency of use
This depends on the amount of exudate and the needs of the wound. Re-apply the product once it has dissolved (every 24 – 48 hours).
Single patient multi-use.
|Description||Size||Piece per box||Product code||PIP code||NHS code|