L-Mesitran Net is a sterile open-weave mesh dressing coated with a hydro-active honey-hydrogel. Contains 20% Medical Grade Honey and Vitamin C&E .
- Antibacterial properties
- Contains 20% Medical Grade Honey with antioxidants
- Allows for passage of exudate through the dressing
- The honey-hydrogel coating provides some absorption and fluid retention to provide a moist wound healing environment
- Non adherent to the wound bed
- A great replacement for impreganted gauzes
L-Mesitran Net is indicated for low to heavy exuding chronic wounds.
- Chronic wounds e.g pressure ulcers, venous and diabetic ulcers
- Superficial and acute wounds e.g. cuts, abrasions and donor sites
- Superficial and partial thickness burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Fungating wounds
- Acute wounds e.g. donor sites, surgical wounds, cuts and abrasions
- Inspect and if necessary, cleanse the wound as per local protocols.
- Remove the sterile dressing from the pouch.
- Peel the dressing off the clear plastic backing sheet and apply the freshly-exposed side to the wound.
- Cover and secure with the appropriate secondary dressing.
- Inspect the wound and the surrounding tissue regularly.
Frequency of use
The dressing can remain in place for up to 3-5 days, dependent upon the amount of exudate.
Where appropriate, L-Mesitran Net may stay in place while the secondary dressing is changed.
Single patient use only.
|Description||Size||Piece per box||Product code||PIP code||NHS code|
|L-Mesitran Net||10 x 10 cm||10||612.10||314-1017||ELZ127|