L-Mesitran Border is sterile, semi-permeable dressing containing 30% honey and Vitamin C&E, as well as an acrylic polymer gel and water, with a polyurethane film backing.
- The honey-hydrogel pad donates moisture to rehydrate dry tissue
- Antibacterial properties
- Can absorb 9 times its own weight of wound fluids
- Suited to wounds which need exudate locked away
- Follows contours of wound bed to keep contact with wound surface
- Adhesive film backing allows dressing to be fixed securely
- Helps to maintain a moist wound healing environment
- It will stay on the skin in the wettest conditions
L-Mesitran Border is indicated for low to moderate exuding wounds, including;
- Chronic wounds e.g pressure ulcers, venous and diabetic ulcers
- Superficial and acute wounds e.g. cuts, abrasions and donor sites
- Superficial and partial thickness burns (1st and 2nd degree)
- Fungating wounds
- Acute wounds e.g. donor sites, surgical wounds, cuts and abrasions
L-Mesitran Border is contraindicated for;
- Individuals with known sensitivity to the dressing or its components
- Heavily exuding wounds
- Full thickness burns
- Deep, narrow cavities or sinuses
- Inspect and if necessary, cleanse the wound as per local protocols.
- Ensure the gel pad overlaps the edges of the wound by approximately 1cm.
- Remove the sterile dressing from the pouch.
- Peel back half of the plastic protective liner.
- Gentle place the gel side of the exposed gel over the wound, while removing the second half of the platic protective liner.
- Once it is fully in place, remove the paper liners from the top of the dressing.
- Make sure the dressing is secured in placed.
- Inspect the wound and the surrounding tissue regularly.
Frequency of use
The dressing can remain in place for up to 5 days, dependent upon the amount of exudate.
Change the dressing prior to it becoming saturated with exudate or if it has been comprimised
Single patient use only.
|Description||Size||Piece per box||Product code||PIP code||NHS code|
|L-Mesitran Border||10 x 10 cm||10||512.10||314-0985||ELZ128|